Ubuntu Tweak is an application designed to config Ubuntu easier for everyone.
It provided many usefull desktop and system options that the default desktop environment isn’t provided.
At present, It is only designed for Ubuntu GNOME Desktop, and often follows the newest Ubuntu distribution.
Ubuntu Tweak is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. More information can see at the the package’s LICENSE.
Features of Ubuntu Tweak
- View of Basic System Information(Distribution, Kernel, CPU, Memory, etc.)
- GNOME Session Control
- Auto Start Program Control
- Qucik install common usded applications
- A lot of third-party sources to keep application up-to-date
- Clean unneeded packages or cache to free the disk space
- Show/Hide and Change Splash screen
- Show/Hide desktop icons or Mounted Volumes
- Show/Hide/Rename Computer, Home, Trash icon or Network icon
- Tweak Metacity Window Manager’s Style and Behavior
- Compiz Fusion settings, Screen Edge Settings, Window Effects Settings, Menu Effect Settings
- Set the Shortcuts to let qucikly access your favourite applications
- GNOME Panel Settings
- Nautilus Settings
- Advanced Power Management Settings
- System Security Settings
I’m from China, graduated from Computer Science.
I Love GNU/Linux and the Open Source, and want to contribute something to the Open Source World.
So the Ubuntu Tweak comes out, I hope it will help a lot of GNU/Linux beginners of that I have ever been too.
My e-mail is: tualatrix[AT]gmail.com
If you have any question, you can contact with me.