Half an month ago, I released Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.0, it has been downloaded for more than 60,000 times.
Thanks for the people who like it, spread it and report problems for it. Now, a new bug-fixed version is coming. It is Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1, and of course, with some new features.
Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1 fixed 11 bugs, they are:
- LP: #982632 Window module fails to load on Xubuntu, Lubuntu
- LP: #988564 ubuntu-tweak 0.7.0 (oneiric/unity-2d) crashes in Unity settings
- LP: #990270 Ubuntu Tweak crash after install in Ubuntu 12.04 system76 laptop
- LP: #992581 nautilus script-worker fails on 12.04
- LP: #995748 Natural Scrolling takes no effect in some places
- LP: #987573 Old kernel janitor in infinite loop
- LP: #988554 ubuntu tweak login settings crashes
- LP: #988659 If gedit is not installed, Ubuntu Tweak will crash
- LP: #993334 Update Dialog API in Source Center
- LP: #994980 The search icon is missing in Ubuntu 12.04 default theme
- LP: #995135 Quicklists editor crashed when no desktop file
And four little features:
The first feature is for Unity 2D desktop, The “Compositing Manager” makes your Unity 2D desktop with some desktop effects like drop-down shadow, window preview in Alt+Tab switcher. I think every Unity 2D users will like this feature.
And you can use “Number of workspaces” to add or reduce the number of workspaces, if you don’t like the default number: 4.
Overlay scrollbars can save your desktop space, but if you prefer the traditional scrollbar, you can also disable the overlay scrollbars in Ubuntu Tweak easily.
The QuickLists helps you edit your Launcher items easily, in this version, QuickLists Editor adds the support for “locale”, if your locale isn’t English, you will get the locale name of actions. E.G. The Chinese version of QuickLists Editor.
The last little feature is the “Show Desktop” icon in Launcher (Unity Desktop only). This is an alternative way to access your desktop, set it to “On” if you want it back.
And there is also update for the translations. If your language is still incomplete, you can help the translation here.
OK, that’s all, I hope you like this more stable version of Ubuntu Tweak!
Please download Ubuntu Tweak 0.7.1 from the official website: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak/+download
And it is also ready in the Stable PPA: https://launchpad.net/~tualatrix/+archive/ppa